48V hardware [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 23:26:44 PDT 2001

Allan,

If you run your ungrounded conductor in series first through one pole than
the other in a double-pole switch, it will provide twice the voltage rating.
Whether UL has tested it in this configuration or not is a separate issue.
This could solve your issue if you had a 24V double pole switch. A Square D
QO DPDT breaker could do this if you used both poles.

Bill.