Rough Starts [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel slrwrk at ocinet.net
Sun Jul 1 14:35:33 PDT 2001

Good thought Bob -
On thing I left out  - The owner installed the stove so tight, literally
jammed in and stuck, so no working on the back of the stove, it ain't comin
out no way no how. The controller has to come on first before the spark
igniter will start up. He is leaving this up to me to figure out.
Thanks for the input! Anyone else out there?
Energetically - Dana

> How about going from the switch (use a relay if needed) to the transformer
> to the spark ignition?
> That way the transformer is only drawing power when the spark is occurring
> and not a load all the time.
> I expect that there is a wire from the switch to the ignition unit. Use
that
> to activate the transformer and feed the ignition unit, that might smooth
it
> out enough to let it work.
>
> I have noticed a problem on my generator in the past when heavily loaded
> (with 2 inverters) charging the batteries that the spark for the burners
on
> my stove would not spark. It only happened a few times, I shut down 1
> inverter for a second and it sparks
> just fine, it does make you mumble a bit when it happens.
>
> I don't think this is what you have already tried, if it is than this is
> just typing practice...
> Later,
> Bob
>
> RE. Ellison