DC Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Fri Jun 29 15:22:16 PDT 2001

Hi Jeff,

Any chance of setting up the wood fueled water heater to thermosiphon to the
house?  You don't really mean a boiler do you?  All I know of (and that
ain't much) that can do that kind of flow at any that head would be a
Dankoff SunCentric (brushed, with an 8000 hr brush life I think) with high
temp option at well over $700 before the high temp option.  You could buy a
few extra modules and a 008 for that kind of money.  Could you do a few El
Sid or Hartell pumps in series to get the flow rate up?  Or is it the head
that goes up when you put pumps in series?  I bet Windy would know.

There going to be stuffing wood in that water heater daily so they might as
well get used to running the gennie a few hrs every day in between feedings.
I have been faced with this several times and the only solution that the
customer would buy was running the generator vs. paying gobs extra for DC
pumps amd more zones becuuse of the small capacity of the DC pumps.

Well I only had more questions and no answers.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar