DC Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Fri Jun 29 14:49:06 PDT 2001

Hi all,

We're doing the pump for a hot water heating system. Not our design for the
heating system, and against some of our recommendations, but the folks have
gotten themselves into a large wood boiler located in an out-building. Both
the plumber and I have figured they need about 6 gallons per minute and
about 12 - 14 feet if head. (this is just for from the boiler to the
storage tank inside. We'll be using El Sids for the radiant loops.)

Anyone know of a pump that will do this with 220 degree water (usually
cooler, but could get this hot.)

I'd really like a brushless DC unit. The battery bank is at 48V, but we can
also do 24 or 12, either with a converter, or direct wire if the amp draw
is small enough. I've been down the brush road, and for pumps that see a
few thousand hours a year, it's not the way I want to go anymore...

The AC unit the industry would normally use is a Taco 008 cartridge
circulator which uses about 90 watts.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
800-374-4494 Toll Free