Used System [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Sat May 26 09:02:54 PDT 2001

Travis,

I don't understand why the current home owners would want to dismantle it? If
this is an off grid home, surely the next owners will need power too... and how
inefficient it is to dismantle a system for the seller only to have to put in
another one for the next folks. If it is an on grid home... I still do not
understand why this would not be a selling bonus for the home. With all the
latest stuff circulating around about the "energy crisis" one would think these
kinds of home appliance additions would benefit a sale. Also a RE system is
hardly a portable appliance like a washer, dryer or reefer... especially when
you consider how it is integrally configured into a homes electrical system. The
price this customer could get for the gear as "used" (minus your time in
dismantling moving and selling it)  could hopefully be easily be accommodated
through slightly raising the cost of the homes purchase price.

It is strange to me that these kinds of appliances still are not valued by more
real estate brokers buyers or appraisers. Go figure. People like to bitch about
the cost of their electric bills, but when it comes to valuing energy and the
devices that make it, well that's another thing... better stop now before this
becomes a rant.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com