Aquastsr in Heating loops [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Thu May 24 11:25:15 PDT 2001

Dana Orzel wrote:
The tank acts as a buffer to
> prevent the over haeting that will result from a flame modulation unit that
> is not sensitive enough to handle the evential rise in temerature that will
> result when the loop gets warmed up and the return temp is 165 to 170 if you
> are running 180 deg to the base boards.

Greetings Dana,

Others have also talked about the A.S. problem with building
heat/overheating.  I've only done a few such heaters but I thought I
remembered AquaStar as making (having made?) a "Solar" model that
differs from the standard models in that it will allow water to pass
through the unit without adding any additional heat if the temp of the
incoming water (such as from a tempering tank or baseboard heater) is
already warm enough.  I haven't bought one for some time but thought it
had an "S" designation in the model number -- Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com