Venting [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 22:28:54 PDT 2001

I knew someone in this group would help me see the light :-)
1. Gassing voltage is assumed.
2. You are correct. 4 each 2-module series strings in parallel at 5.88 amps =
23.52 amps.
3. I'm not a backdraft flap or power vent guy. I prefer a room or building that
passively vents gas (low in, high out).
4. I prefer sheetrock for standard fire protection. Some people like plywood
battery cabinets. Some like metal cabinets. Some people use the Rubber Maid
boxes and shed sold at home improvement stores.
5. Some building inspectors require active venting (a fan) - and spill
containment pans and eye wash stations. The no-brainer solution is to use sealed
batteries that cost twice as much and last half as long as golf cart batteries.
In southern California, most building inspectors cringe when they see a big,
flooded battery bank. Lately, California PVers are compiling a list of batteries
that qualify for the $750 grant (SB1345).
Thanks a lot, Allan. Your ideas are appreciated.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm