Service Call or ? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon May 21 19:07:15 PDT 2001

In the hast of my rant I failed to tell the entire story.  Thanks to those
who replied with their wise advice.

I did tell him $350 for the day and carefully explained to him the I would
have at least 6 hrs of driving plus the time on his site.  He proceeded to
question the need for me to spend 3 or 4 hrs with him and look his system
over.  When I held my ground on that he then proceeded to question if it
really would take me 3 hrs one way to get to his place.   I held my ground
on that to and was actually doing my best to get off the phone as kept
trying to convince me that it wouldn't take that long.  The writing was on
the wall.  I quickly realized I seen this movie before and already new how
it ended.   I told him I tried that "stop by when your in the area" before
and that always failed to work for me, the customer who paid me to be in the
area and the person who wanted me to stop by.  Just like Bob-O and Alan
pointed out, you never get done as fast you think you and I really feel that
the customer who puts his faith in you to design, supply and install comes
first.  You want help for free, call the guy who installed it and I bet the
number is no longer in service.

As soon as he said "I'll think about it". I said "Ok" and hung up.

Travis