refer and PS/SW inverters [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon May 21 18:35:45 PDT 2001

I think I may have goofed, then. We have a Maytag 1956MTB fridge in our
home, which we're happy with. Out 1991 Heart 2800HD inverter runs it fine.
But the Heart has very low idle, so it never sleeps. I just put in a system
for a client that uses a PS2524 (our last, too) and they bought the same
fridge on our recommendation. We sized their system with ghost load
management, so the inverter would sleep.
So if I follow this thread correctly:
--this fridge, as a frost-free, won't work if the inverter sleeps? or
--the defrost cycle is a timer that resets or fails to count during sleep
mode? or
--the fridge won't let the inverter sleep? or
--it works OK anyway?
Anyway, does my customer have a compatibility problem? If so, is there an
easy fix?
Allan at pos energy