Proposed Changes to C.E.C. rebates in California [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Thu May 10 09:42:04 PDT 2001

Travis and all wrenches interested in California,

You think this is good news for California. I beg to differ. Our industry is
not prepared for these increases in rebates. We need help from good guys
like you. Why not take a sabbatical in California and install some systems.

We need to make some solid recommendations to the California Energy
Commission about how to police this new Buydown. Many may disagree with me
on this, but this new buydown is going to bring all the "fly-by-nights" out
of hiding and could potentially screw our industry.

Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do in the very near term to
avert the impending disaster? Here are some of my suggestions:

o	Circuit rider, paid by the CEC, checking system performance for every
installation or random samples.
o	Energy performance metering requirement with a standard energy estimation
procedure.
o	Training of inspectors and installers with an interim certificate for
installer training until full certification can be developed.
o	Incentive for those installing packaged systems
o	Incentive for PowerMark certified modules
o	other

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com