Solar Guerilla danger? [RE-wrenches]

mmangelsdorf at hei.com mmangelsdorf at hei.com
Tue Apr 24 19:32:30 PDT 2001

I agree with Jeff.  While I can certainly understand the frustration many of
us feel with their local utilities, going the guerilla route is a bad idea
for an industry which is seeking to mainstream itself into the consciousness
of the American public.  One or more black eyes, such as a house fire or an
injury to utility personnel, to our nascent grid-connect industry would do
great damage and more than off-set the good will and positive image we're
trying so hard to establish.

Michael Welch: please do what you can to end this kind of HP spotlight on
these well-meaning but dangerous solar, Commandante Marcos-type crusaders.

Marco Mangelsdorf
ProVision Technologies
Hilo, Hawai'i

"My concern has been the general public will read these articles and
think it means they can install systems any way they choose thinking
this refers to safety codes in general.  I also felt glamorizing this
activity in a national publication will come back and "bite" us all
when an unsafe installation that was later found to be selling back
without utility approval burns down a house and the utility holds this
up as an example."

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm