AQUASTAR and a new name for wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Fri Mar 30 17:37:08 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Richard,
I kinda like the name Wire Nuts, but almost none of us use them on DC.
Mounting PVs to a frame takes a wrench, assembling PV mounts takes a
wrench, bolting inverters to the wall takes a wrench, etc. I've got
nearly as many wrenches in my tool belt as wire strippers, crimpers,
etc. Then too, car wrenches use the same screwdrivers, wire
strippers, etc, that we do. The difference is that everything we
touch has to do one way or the other with Renewable Energy. Hence the
name RE Wrenches. Wear it proudly or go back to the Chevys.
Bob-O

>Dear all.  I spent a good many of my 66 years fixing cars and I think that
>wrenches is a great name if we were an auto chat room.  As all of us weild
>wire strippers, cable cutters crimpers etc. how    about if we adopt a more
>electrical name like  "Friendly Kilowatt", or "Gentle Electric Company" or
>"Wire Nuts".  Only a suggestion guys,  After all I'm the new guy in the
>wrenches tool box.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: