Just in from Square D [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positivenergy.com
Sat Mar 10 17:29:57 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "hugh piggott" <hugh.piggott at enterprise.net>
Conductors shall not be smaller than No. 12 copper or equivalent.

> that's a bit fascist.  What about circuits with 1 amp fuses?

Yeah, I am wondering about this, too... We do signal circuits with float
switches running coil circuits (all 170 mA or less) of DC-coil relays with
18 AWG float switch cable, and LED lights (in multiples of 25 mA), for
example.  Are these considered "circuits"? Bill Brooks (or any wrench), what
is the intent of the code here, and can circuits of this nature (often with
additional AGC or ABC in-line supplemental fusing) be exempted via other
code sections?

Good $5 (3 pound?) word, Hugh, "fascist".

Allan @+E

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: