multiple SW inverters on a small AC source [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Wed Mar 7 19:12:00 PST 2001

Hi Hugh,

Should work no problem.  Just make sure you set the AC2 size carefully so
you don't overload it.  Then when the loads on the inverters is larger
than the AC2 input, the inverter will help it.

I'm curious, what type of regulation are you using?  Killer site!

jay
Peltz power

hugh piggott wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has done this?  I plan to use a small hydro (maybe
> 2-5kW depending on flow that month), and share the power between four
> or five houses, using Trace sw or ps inverters.  Hydro on AC2, and
> back up diesel gensets per house, over-riding  on AC1.
>
> The advantages would be the efficient, direct AC supply to the
> houses, the ability to meet high peak power in each house, and the
> ability to share the energy equally between batteries.  The
> disadvantages are not yet known but could include instability in
> regulating AC2 amps, and losses of synch.
>
> Has anyone used multiple SW units on a small AC source?  2 on one
> genset for example?  Thoughts?
>
> thanks!
> --
> Hugh
>
> going home to Scoraig
> http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk
>
> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>  http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: