Placement of lightning rods [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Mar 5 19:57:35 PST 2001

At 10:21 AM 3/1/01 -0800, you wrote:

>	I do still have more  tips and tricks to relate, but I'll hold off until
>someone expresses interest before I launch into them.

Lay it on us Sparky. Lightning is the the number one real danger from my
experience. Delta Lighting arrestors are fairly ineffective for equipment
protection. Their clamp off voltage is just too high. Lets talk dry soil
grounding or the lack there of, too. I'm sure the solar bozos-(what do
youall prefer?)might differ, but I'd venture lightning protection is more
important than fusing the main DC cable. Anybody really blow a class T fuse
recently?

Solar Ray

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com