net metered system question [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 09:36:20 PST 2001

Steve and others,

Did you check the voltage with a calibrated digital multimeter, or did you
rely on the inverter to provide the 136 volt reading. The Trace SW unit,
prior to the UL software revision in October 2000, tends to misread voltage
by about 5% or more depending on how much current it is processing. This
causes these battery-based, grid-tied systems to trip offline any time the
site voltage gets above 126 Volts.

If 136 Volts is the true reading, it is extremely high and warrants a call
to the utility so they can come out and lower their voltage. This can damage
the inverter and will damage sensitive equipment in the house.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: