Power Centers, multiple inverters [RE-wrenches]

mmangelsdorf at hei.com mmangelsdorf at hei.com
Wed Feb 14 17:40:37 PST 2001

Allan,

I've had a dual SW5548 systems with stacking interfaces in the field since
late 1999.  All is working well as far as I know.  One important thing to
know: if one inverter is having a problem of any kind, they both will go
down.  If any battery charging is going on, I believe that Trace recommends
using one inverter only to battery charge.

marco

Related question: Has anyone used the SW parallel stacking interface? Does
it work?  This is a BIG residential system; the G.C. (general contractor)
wants more AC capacity, but I have recommended no inverter stacking, either
series or parallel, in order to maximize simplicity and reliability.

- - - - - - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: