Hydro-caps [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Feb 13 12:56:22 PST 2001

<x-flowed>>At 07:45 AM 2/13/01 -0800, you wrote:
>>He feels his wife would never even
>>open the battery box.
>
>Kurt:
>
>Why not consider Gel Cells?  They are absolutely maintenance free and are
>reportedly capable of more cycles than a flooded lead acid battery.  I have
>several clients with them and they work great.  I have two of them powering
>a Stat-Power 1800 in my service vehicle.  I am installing MK powered 8GGC2
>batteries.
>
>William Miller

Kurt,

Look back in the archive for discussions of Hydro Caps a few months
ago. They work exactly as specified, which is not good enough for RE
systems with large backup chargers, or especially equalizing. Not
enough range of acceptance for the widely varying gassing rate,
generally speaking.

I agree therefore with William. Concorde batteries are certainly
among the best. Be careful what you choose!

Windy

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: