efficient reefers [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Sun Feb 11 21:45:58 PST 2001

My Maytag MTB2156DEQ (21 cf model), averaged over 4 months continuous monitoring
with a WattsUp meter: 1.1 kWh/day.  During shorter periods within that 4 months
it hit as high as 1.4, or as low at 0.9 kWh/day.  I paid $899 for it, and it's
been a sweetheart.

And just for confusion...we've got an old Maytag at work, probably at least 10
years old, maybe even 20 (when did you last see a copper-colored fridge on the
showroom floor...'76?) I'd guess it's about 15 cf, interior freezer-door style,
hasn't been defrosted in at least 6 years, iced up solid on top. Got about 20
people keeping their lunch in it every day, so there's lots of in and out. It
SHOULD be a watt-sucker of epic proportions. Over 4 weeks, averaged 1.1
kWh/day.  Go figure...

-Doug Pratt

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com