A wrenches convention [RE-wrenches]

Jim Hartley grail at inil.com
Sun Feb 4 10:41:49 PST 2001

Michael Welch, Home Power wrote:
> tom wrote at 09:22 AM 2/4/2001 -0800:
>
> >We need to form a large collective buying and professional group to get
> >buying leverage from the major suppliers or inverters, solar modules,
> >etc.
>
> Bingo. The party sounds great, but this would be such a great step. I
> have brought forming a buying co-op to this group with favorable
> feedback, but it is such a big task.

Mmmm.  And where do the various distributors figure into this concept?
I'm sure that would be a pretty scary thing for many of them, seeing
their base clientele drifting off to such an enterprise.  That's not to
say the idea is so bad but that there might be just a little bit of
REACTION.  One wonders of what that might consist.  Boy, you guys are
quite daring.  Hmmm. ;-)

The co-op would need a formal organization (IPP?) with dedicated and
paid staff.

Perhaps so and perhaps paid, but maybe not initially.  It would depend
on how badly you wanted this and how astutely you put it all together.

Don has put a lot of time and energy into IPP, but he also has to make a
living just like the rest of the Wrenches.

You were offered some help before.  The offer still stands.  It will
take any number of willing people to get something like this started.
Or, maybe it's not the right time.

BTW, does Tom mean "Windy" or is there a "Wendy" out there too?  I'm
confused.

Jim Hartley
http://www.homestead-specialties.com
Business Email: JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com