Trace wish list [RE-wrenches]

allan allan at positivenergy.com
Fri Jan 26 16:21:54 PST 2001

Automatic bypass seems unnecessary to me.  If someone wants it, the $100 IBS
buys the insurance protection of being able to run off a gennie if the
inverter fails.  It also leaves a way to continue to do so once the
homeowner or dealer removes the failed unit for repair--something an
internal relay couldn't do anyway once the unit is removed for repair.  If
no IBS, someone still has to remove the inverter from the system and wire
around it anyway.
    By the way, I priced assembling our own IBS from Square D parts, but it
was about a wash with the preassembled units from AP/AEE.
Allan at +E