A Consensus (and the wish list) [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed Jan 24 06:43:33 PST 2001

William,

I am not worried about the Trace wish list or anything else that is being or
has been discussed recently.  If only life was that simple.  What I am
talking about is what I see as the potential for a major rift in the
Wrenches forum/family.  I am afraid that a Wrench might have long
conversations with manufactures and/or legislators using the power of a
national group of dealer installers without the approval of the group.  Of
course it's a free country and we all can do what we want to.

Let me try a example that should hit you right in the chest... Imagine how
you would feel if I started into talks with Trace as a Travis, RE-Wrench
Member, representing the RE-Wrenches claiming that the Wrenches didn't like
people who only installed.  I could tell Trace that we all felt that
manufacturers should start a policy that they not honor the warranty unless
the equipment was installed by the dealer.  I would also be talking to other
manufactuers claiming that I had others considering this seriously.  Of
course I would ultimately  be discovered as a separatist but I could really
do a lot of damage to the RE-Wrenches before I was done.  The point that I
am making is I would have a lot more clout in my mission as Travis,
RE-Wrench Representative than Travis, Ozark Solar.  BTW, the above is an
example and I don't feel that way (about you anyway).

Your suggestion of a deadline is an good one.  If someone has a suggestion
they have until then (or whatever date we agree to) add their input.

Travis