Hydrocaps.... [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mt. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Fri Jan 19 12:49:58 PST 2001

Hydrocaps... theoretically they seem like a good idea... if you don't mind
dealing with the folks that make em... :)

Last week while doing maintenance on the system with the 2 bad Solarex PV's, I
decided to do an equalizing charge on the batteries while I was there to monitor
it. Out of the 18 caps, only ONE got warm while charging... the rest were what
the manufacturer calls "saturated" and the instructions say they need to be
baked in an oven. This seems to happen a whole lot with them and I wonder just
how effective they are or if they are even working anymore when this condition
occurs?

Todd

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com