Bad wind genny deal. [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Thu Jan 18 02:38:20 PST 2001

Hi Frank,
    Yeah, that's a great example....I got burned real good on that one. Had
one of those "new" 1500 watt (yeah, right!) 900 watt H40s sold back on
October 2. Waited and waited and then it turned out to be vaporware. I even
went up and installed an H500 as a loaner for this guy so he could hang on
'til the vaporware materialized. He finally cancelled the order this
Tuesday....I don't blame him...I wouldn't have waited as long as he did.
    I'm not going to torture the amount of electrons that I'd need to in
order to list all the "wonderful" wind generator customer service/ warranty
issues I've dealt with the past few years. I find that "bad batch" syndrome
happens with wind mfgrs as much as any other....and they sure don't like to
hand out those serial # sequences either.....gotta love it. Sense any
bitterness here? NAAAAAA....not ME! I just get sick and tired of doing the
mfgrs job for them. When I screw up I take the blame and go WAY outta my
way to make things right. 9.75 times out of 10, it ain't even my fault!
So.....in a very long winded way, I'm saying I absolutely agree with
getting that list off the ground. If there's any delegation of work here,
count me in. After I finish those desulfator tests though....right Jeff??
Roy Butler
Four Winds RE

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com