uni-solar [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 18:22:22 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/15/01 12:03:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smitty at aaasolar.com writes:

<< Imagine the feeling of hearing the disconnect notice while calling Here
 Today Solar to report a roof leak, and then realizing your only other
 option is to call a roofer with a bucket of tar. What do you do next,
 put some Uni-Rac on your Uni-Solar?

 I would like some feedback on real life experiences you may have had
 with this stuff.

 Clutching my 10' pole, Smitty. >>

Not knowing Smitty, I wasn't prepared for the humor about to decend on us. I
have felt the same way about shingles... too many possibilities for horror
stories.
It just so happens that I am meeting with the Uni-Solar distributor on Friday
to discuss the nuts and bolts of solar shingles after getting numerous
requests for information.  I did have the fortunate opportunity to get hands
on experience with the Uni-Solar roll material for metal roofs at a workshop
set up by Jeff at Global Resource Options. (By the way, thanks Jeff for
putting that workshop together)  I guess Jeff has the current Real Life Test
of that material.

Keep it up, Smitty

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar & WInd