low amp battery charging & DR search [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Fri Jan 5 08:06:43 PST 2001

Thanks all,

Here is my thoughts.

Trencher is $150 day, easy flat ground.
Planning on using direct burial
they currently are using a propane generator which is running for like 3 hours every
35 hours or so.  ( thats around 1 gallon per hour at like $2 per gallon, or $6 per 36
hours or like $4per day, which is $120 month.   I figure the total cost to install (
this is just off the neighbors service so PG&E don't know is

trenching $150
wire        $800
labor      500
KWH meter and misc parts $250
Total around $1700 or so.
@$4 per day of propane thats like 1.25 years to pay it back ( of couse you will have
to use PG&E so say like 3 years.

they have really small needs, and the other think is that like most battery/gensets
the batteries just don't last as long as PV/battery/gensets.

In regards to the voltage drop, I calced more like #4cu wire at 1000' 120v at 2.2%
loss.

So to me this seems like a good trade off and they hate the noise of the genset.

Keep talking guys,

Jay

 and yea its a weird one.

To send a message: