More Wish List [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin, Quicksilver Electrical solar at eagle-access.net
Thu Jan 4 08:48:46 PST 2001

Another Wish

16) More wiring space.

-This goes for the AC wiring compartment.  If #6 wire is run through the side
knockouts, it is a squeeze keeping the wire away from the printed circuit board
where it makes a 90 degree bend up to the terminals.

On the DC side, a  larger "conduit box" or different arrangement would be helpful,
as we could  conveniently run standard and more available electrical cable
(THHN-THWN) from the disconnect to the inverter.   The KO on the bottom of the
conduit box doesn't line up well with the lugs.  If it were directly underneath,
we could more easily use standard wire.

We could also use a DC disconnect box with more room.  Why does DC wiring have to
be done in such small spaces that it has to be wired with extra flexible wire?
The Trace DC disconnect should have room comparable to (or bigger than) any
standard 200 amp disconnect switch.  Also why is that little box so bloody
expensive, require so much assembly and have a yoke (to hold the breaker) with
razor sharp edges.

Why are the 2" knockouts so tight that they will barely accept a standard 2" PVC
male adaptor?  The tolerance on Square D, GE, ITE, Cuttler Hammer, etc is much
looser.  Why can't Trace go to a dimension more in line with  standard ac
products.

Drake

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com