Soak Trace SW's [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Thu Nov 29 11:33:12 PST 2001

Travis.
Here is what happened to me one time. Maybe use the same technique.
I had a customer who left an inverter sit in his power shed for over a
year. When I came to install  it I found that pack rats had set up
household in it and it really was a mess. I wish  I could have had a
camera. The inverter was literally packed with straw,mud,bits of wood
and lots and lots of shit and piss. I thought "boat anchor".
But here is what I did. I took off the covers and blew out what I could.
I then took a garden hose on full pressure and literally soaked hell out
of it. I then took some electrical contact cleaner and sprayed two cans
until all looked clean. The inverter was then put in an electric oven
for about 12 hours at about 150- 170 degrees. That was over 6 years ago
and the SW5548 still operates quite well.
Might be worth a try.
Good luck
Larry Elliott

- - - -