ALERT: bad e-meters [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Thu Sep 13 13:17:12 PDT 2001

Having learned from my last escapade, not to assume parts sent are
necessarily good, today I decided to bench test this second e-meter
before going out in the field to install it. This is another meter I had
waiting my time to go do the install The results of the bench test? Same
thing... DOA.

Here is the serial number: 80691  Date: 0801.

A call to Xantrex tech support (hey, they have a toll free number now)
resulted in no admission of problematic meters. I gave the guy the
serial number and suggested he add it to his list (or start one). He
said they test each meter before they leave. I explained how difficult
it is to design systems around faulty equipment, how it costs us out in
the field money and how if they want to stay in business, they need to
pay better attention to the end user/dealers. His response was less than
comforting to say the least. He was busy assuring me that they test each
unit before it ships... sigh.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com