Green Mountain Solar [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Tue Sep 4 21:37:08 PDT 2001

Of interest to all of us scrounging for a living, maybe we can use this
marketing and business planning to our own endeavors...

Green Mountain Energy Offers Solar Energy to Californians

California residents can use solar energy to reduce their
electrical needs, and as of a couple weeks ago, they have a
new place to turn to for solar energy systems. Green
Mountain Energy Company (GMEC) announced last month
that it is now offering solar electric systems with capacities
ranging from 1 to 4 kilowatts. The company will handle all
aspects of the system installation and will provide annual
checkups for the first five years of operation. See the GMEC
press release at:
<https://www.greenmountain.com/gmec/about/news/20010821.html>.

It's interesting to note that in the press release they state that their
systems "pay for itself with combined savings from reduced electric bills,
state rebates and increased property value."
I'd like to see the documentation on that "increased property value", but,
heck, that's what marketing is all about...
And guess who owns a 25% stake in GME ? BP, that's who.

Jeff

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm