Was: net metering two inverters plus MW/ Xantrex [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Sat Aug 25 12:13:25 PDT 2001

David,

I am not sure if Trace SWs are have G77 compliance certification for grid
connection in the UK. If not, you need to add additional grid-fault
protection and the cost of an injection test.

This week I completed two PV systems, a grid connect and an off-grid. Here
there is no contest. Trace SW is the tool for big off-grid, and the Sunny
Boy is the champion of Grid-tie. Witness testing of the Sunny Boy was little
more than a friendly chat. It quietly gets on with its job, and the
power-line modem control unit is superb! Now there a 2.5kW Sunny Boy....

Don't go Michael!!!! We all get hosed from time to time, and I have almost
dried out after the AIR turbine discussion, while my customer has been
enjoying AIR-powered hot baths and never running his diesel generator.
Sometimes people just have to agree to disagree.

Cheers
Charlie

Charlie Robb
Element Engineering

77 Society Road
South Queensferry
Edinburgh
EH30 9XP      UK

Tel: 0131 331 5835
Fax: 0131 331 5848
Mobile: 07887 991866

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."