Lightning Arrestors [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Aug 10 10:21:14 PDT 2001

info at backwoodssolar.com wrote:

> AC and DC arrestors usually have a different breakdown voltage point. Not
> sure how accurate that is though.

Hey Steve,

I spoke with a tech at Delta who said that the ac (LA302R) and DC's were
identical inside.  I can't say for sure that he new what he was talking
about, but???  I do use the LA302R's on PV and DC applications, but you
gotta wonder.  If it is designed to be wired into 120 volt applications
(and has a 250 volt rating?), how does it help in 12 and 24 VDC systems
where FET's and such are so sensitive to voltage spikes??

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm