Kohler 3 phase [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Sat Jun 30 11:09:56 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Hi Wrenches,

We finally got a third SW4024 inverter on the third leg of a three phase
Kohler generator, in order to balance the windings during battery charging.

During bulk charge, all three inverters put out very close to the same
amperage.  At Trace's recommendation, we set the battery charging AC amps
to 30 for all three.  The meters on the units indicated a charge rate that
bounced from around 29 to 31 amps.

During the absorption stage, current was very out of balance.  I set the
absorption time to 10 minutes, which will allow the array to finish the
charge.

We used the new inverter to control the generator.  An unfortunate quirk in
the programing of this unit it that the MAX RUN TIME  setting is not
present in Menu 12, "Gen Auto Start Setup."  Also, in the "Generator Mode"
menu, there is no error display for GEN MAX RUN TIME.  These features are
still mentioned in the manual that came with the unit, but do not exist on
the display.  Any idea what is going on????

Thanks,

Drake

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com