Aquastsr in Heating loops [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel slrwrk at ocinet.net
Thu May 24 09:49:49 PDT 2001

The Aquastar requires a tank because the low flow of  low voltage pumps is
too low to trigger the flow sensor in the aquastar. I have done about 16 or
17 of these and the NEW Bosch-Aquastar heaters are not modifieable like the
old units. You used to be able to do aseries of easy unit modifications to
assit the low flow to an even lower flow. The tank acts as a buffer to
prevent the over haeting that will result from a flame modulation unit that
is not sensitive enough to handle the evential rise in temerature that will
result when the loop gets warmed up and the return temp is 165 to 170 if you
are running 180 deg to the base boards.
Use the tank and donot use an El Sid pump to the heater. Use 10 watt Hartell
pump it gives good head for the heater. Use ElSid pumps for the base board
pumps, they are much quieter.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm