refer and PS/SW inverters [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sat May 19 22:31:32 PDT 2001

jay peltz wrote:
> So what refer's work normal on a search mode refer?  Since there is a Whirlpool
> dealer where they got this a whirlpool model would be helpfull.

Greetings Jay,
In regards to off the shelf firg's, only manual defrost types will allow
the onverter to drop into search mode and still function properly.
We've discussed this to some extent in the past, and a number of
Wrench's out there feel the best fix is to simply add a panel or two in
an attempt to make for the extra power consumed by having the inverter
on 24/7.  I think it depends on the situation -- the system and the
client.

There is one other posibility.  Replace the Frig's 120vac timer with a
DC, system voltage timer.  Doing so is not always easy, would void any
warrantee on the frig, and means you have to run a seperate DC circuit
to the frig.  The timer runs about 60 bucks.

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm