News from National SEIA re: Bush Energy Plan [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Fri May 18 14:22:33 PDT 2001

A lot of the rhetoric on the paln is just that. For example, when I was in
DC lobbying a few weeks ago, I found out that the "Advisory committee" that
is reviewing the CAFE standards (car fuel efficiency) is stacked with
people who have previously publicly been against the CAFE standards.
Chances are these folks will NOT raise them.

So just because the DOE (Doing Old Energy) is going to "review" previously
announced cuts does NOT mean they'll probably be put back in. If the
administration can cut, they will cut. Pressure, press, and publicity are
needed badly. Write that congressman, send a letter to the editor, (copy
ALL the papers), etc.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632