Air 403... [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Wed Apr 4 16:49:53 PDT 2001

Hello Air wind generator experts...

I just got a call from an RV owner with small PV RE system on board. He
is curious about adding a small wind genny to support night time /
cloudy weather charging, specifically the Air 403. I don't know much
about the Air 403, but I have heard some not so good things on this list
about SW wind power. I also know from experience how important it is to
be up in the clear air, above obstructions. The idea of some kind of
relatively short telescoping pole mount (maybe 20 feet) that has a
"deadman" which is driven over for stability makes me dubious about the
effectiveness of such a set up. This person says they saw another RV'er
with such a set up and he was raving about how well it works.

So, I am after feedback about the Air 403 and suggestions for
alternative small output units IF folks think this idea has any chance
of actually flying... pun intended.

Thanks,

Todd

- - -