Astropower Info [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Feb 6 09:36:25 PST 2001

Chris Mollello asked me to submit this on his behalf after reading relative comments on the Wrenches list. For further comments, contact him directly at cmolello at AstroPower.com

Regarding the toxic rumors about AstroPower wafer processing:

AstroPower prides itself in exceeding all environmental and safety
requirements as dictated by local, state, and federal regulations.

The procedures we incorporate in the silicon wafer cleaning process are well
established and safely managed and monitored. All effluent is carefully and
consistently monitored and controlled for the safety of our employees and
the environment.

Personal monitoring testing ensures that our operators are not exposed to
any hazardous chemical levels. We routinely perform tests to ensure the
safety and welfare of our employees. We take aggressive steps to ensure that
AstroPower is a safe, rewarding, and empowering place to work and never put
the health of our employees at risk. There are acceptable limits for
chemical exposure mandated by the government. We take every effort to stay
far below these limits and are constantly enhancing the user-friendliness of
our operations. We have recently installed several new processes to do
exactly that.

We appreciate your comments and welcome any additional questions. Please
feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."

			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
      Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
      Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
      (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: