A Consensus [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Jan 22 17:14:40 PST 2001

Gang,
There has been a handful of posts lately that we have all been asked to
respond to.  I have been very busy lately so I haven't been paying enough
attention to the list.  I apologize.  I have caught a few members saying
something along the lines of  "well since no one want to do this then I
guess " and so on.  This leads to hard feelings and Don Quixote (how is that
spelled) syndrome.

We need to work up a method for getting a consensus on issues that
individuals bring to the group.  Without a minimum of us in agreement on a
issue, one of us can (and ultimately will) represent all of us on a issue
that many of us might not want to have moved forward to the general industry
or public.  This will lead to the death of the Wrenches unless we get some
agreement on "who" says "what" to industry leaders.

Imagine reading in Homepower that a major manufacturer upon suggestions from
and industry trade group (us) agreed to do such and so on and the bulk of us
never agreed to it or even heard of it.

I mention this because it goes back to fishing for whales in small boats.
It only takes one person to dump the boat!  This is what happened to a
environmental action group I was part of.  One person went of on a personal
crusade using our name and embarrassed all us which lead to the death of the
group.

No I must be off to a bored meeting.  Does someone want to buy my interstate
hazardous waste trucking company from me?  I'd sell it for a song.  Very
profitable but long hours and lots of regs.

Travis

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: