uni-solar [RE-wrenches]

Smitty smitty at aaasolar.com
Mon Jan 15 09:03:14 PST 2001

Well, I'll admit I have never played with Uni-Solar's shingles, as I
have seen them at trade shows and they scared the hell out of me. My big
problem with them that I can't get over is the longevity of the "space
age plastic type materials" incorporated in them. The sun, UV and summer
temps at our elevations here in NM are brutal. Over the last 2 decades I
have seen many a "plastic" solar thermal component or panel (not to
mention the finish on your car) meet an early demise due to mostly UV.

Imagine the feeling of hearing the disconnect notice while calling Here
Today Solar to report a roof leak, and then realizing your only other
option is to call a roofer with a bucket of tar. What do you do next,
put some Uni-Rac on your Uni-Solar?

I would like some feedback on real life experiences you may have had
with this stuff.

Clutching my 10' pole, Smitty.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com