Piss poor Trace SW performance in "sell" mode. [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Sun Oct 15 16:16:26 PDT 2000

	OK, I just sent this message to Todd privately, but with Michael's OK,
here it is in the public forum:

	Todd;

	Sorry to bring you bad news, but I think you already know that Trace is
not going to solve this problem for you.
	Darren Emmons is also unlikely to come up with additional
hardware/programming other than the one-off that he built for himself,
which uses an external microcontroller and analog input devices. He is
employed full time, volunteers for the local Washington County
Search-and-Rescue, and has a myriad of home related chores and projects to
attend to.
	You might consider contacting Randy Richmond at RightHand Engineering
<ideas at righthandeng.com> about the software application part of the system,
but it will be an outboard rig-up, as Randy is very respectful about
other's intellectual rights, particularly Trace, as he is attempting to
market the WinVerter line of products.
	Several times I have described a time-of-day disconnect which requires
only one external relay and some setting changes. This seems to be working
for me, as I have back-fed 665 Kwh in the last twelve months in addition to
what I have consumed as DC and used to charge the EV.
	So...you can curse the darkness or light a candle. With an inverter you
can even light an compact fluorescent.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com