Yago review [RE-wrenches]

Don Loweburg, Offline i2p at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 16:58:44 PDT 2000

Hi Ian,

I believe this article should not be run. Instead of helping the mailorder
customer understand and program the SW inverter, the article will end up
confusing or even worse convincing a reader they understand the topic. The
underlying goal or pupose implied by the author is "to get the most from my
solar". I've heard this myself from customers who have botched the setting in
this attempt. The differing strategies are presened without any detail to
system specifics. Some statements are wrong; ie LBX, "This mode is the most
common inverter mode for offgrid solar homes." (Page one -LBX Mode)
 Another wrong statement; page one under Sell Mode, "All site-generated power
passes through the inverter and into the utility grid, not the home." This
would only happen if the inverter"s output were connected on the utility side
of the meter. I don't think this is what we are talking about.

At this point, I stopped making specific notes and just read the article. I
suspect you had the same feeling I did. This article will not help anyone.

Best, Don

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: