Leads for $$$ [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue May 2 11:17:18 PDT 2000

Wrenches,

I agree that we should back off from $ for leads at this point.  Maybe we
should bring it up again later.

That said, we still need to find people who are interested in solar the
right person to serve them.   It needs to be informal yet professional.
Just because someone is on this Wrench list doesn't make them qualified?

But who gets the leads?  Naturally, the most leads will come from the areas
with the most dealers.  For example, in my preferred area (SW MO, NE OK, NW
AR, SE KS) as far I know I am the only Wrench ,which makes sense, since as
far I know I am the only RE Dealer which makes sense since there isn't much
RE done around here.   Compare my area to California where there is a lot
more RE done there is a lot more RE dealers, some with the same service
areas.

Next, what about the distributors on this list?  Some sell to end users.  I
think it would be appropriate for us dealer/installers to ask them NOT to
respond to a lead that is presented to this list until it is known that
there is no "Installing Wrench" for that lead.  I have nothing but respect
for the distributors that are on the list.  They have added some real value
to the postings.   None the less this list isn't exactly for them as
understand (is it?)I don't think it would be appropriate for them to try to
sell to the end user around us if we are there.

I am going to post a lead for the list to view and see who responds after I
send this email.

Thanks
Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar