E-meter [RE-wrenches] & Battery VooDoo

Travis Creswell ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue May 2 05:52:57 PDT 2000

John,

My two cents.

Some manufacturers claim that is takes several cycles to get the batteries
up to full capacity.  Maybe you haven't broke them in yet?

Are you compensating the spec. gravity reading for temp?

Using voltage is for SOC is hard the hard way to do it.  You can only use it
if the batteries have not been charged or discharged for at least several
hours.

What about equalizing the batteries?

What is the history of these batteries before you got them?

My experience with 6 volt flooded batteries is that the voltage really drops
off under load.

You probably have already thought of all of this.

Travis Creswell