FW: Wind/Grid intertie inverter [RE-wrenches]

i2p at aol.com i2p at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 18:38:19 PDT 2000

In a message dated 04/10/2000 6:28:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
indeppower at aol.com writes:

<< Wrenches,
     We have a customer wanting advice on which synchronous inverter he should
 use for a new grid intertie wind system. He presently has a 24 volt battery
 system which he wants to keep operational. He has not decided on which wind
 machine to put up yet either. He says it will be over 1kw and below 5kw in
 output.
     Of course I am thinking of the Trace SW4024 because it can include the
 battery bank with a grid sell back wind system. But I do not have any
 experience with grid sell back systems as of yet so I thought I would send
 this query out to the wrench list to see if anybody has any thoughts on this
 issue.
     Regards,
 Dave Palumbo
 IP&L

Hi Dave,  Don from Offline here. On the load side, does he need 4kw capacity?
If he does and he chooses in favor of the larger wind machine, then I think
the SW 4k is good. If his backed up loads are small and the wind machine is
closer to the 1kw size, he should choose a smaller inverter. Maybe one of the
PS 2.5kw (24 volts). That about does it for Trace products.  Anyone know of
battery supported SW line tie inverters by other manufacturers?

Best, Don Loweburg
To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>