TV needs sinewave [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey - Backwoods Solar Electric info at backwoodssolar.com
Mon Mar 13 11:36:09 PST 2000

<x-flowed>For the first time ever a customer came in with a new TV that would NOT
operate without true sinewave power.  It is a Philips/Magnavox from
Wal-Mart, about a 23 inch.  We tried it on Powerstar and Trace and several
models of smaller units and it simply would not turn on. Exeltech and
Prosine ran it fine as well as SW2512.  Maybe that will save someone else
the fear that I had at first try,  that perhaps I had blown the TV.
Steve Willey   www.backwoodssolar.com
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to:
<http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>

for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>