Mod/Sine [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at win.bright.net
Mon Mar 6 11:31:42 PST 2000

Richard wrote, "I'm curious and since this is the Wrench list, I'm going to
ask. How about it dealers, what percentage of the inverters you currently
sell are mod sine and what percentage are sine wave?".

I must say that the last two full sized inverters I sold were Trace SW's.
Prior to that I had only sold Trace's SW for systems that were Grid-tied or
had plans to inter-tie in the future.  Long ago I had some problems with
Statpower, and have never sold anything newer of theirs including their sine
line.  Maybe I should look at them again.  I have sold Exeltech for
sensitive electronics and buzz free audio/video, but somehow always thought
Trace mod. was going to stand up to big table saw type motor loads better
than Exeltech's product -- that Exeltech's inverters were more likely to
smoke if abused.  Sounds like I'm wrong.

Kurt Nelson - SOLutions

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>