Roof Mount/ GFI etc. [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey - Backwoods Solar Electric info at backwoodssolar.com
Tue Dec 21 07:20:44 PST 1999

In the northwest we do have a problem that the rooftop in many cases is the
only place where the sun shines in winter. This time of year sun is about 18
degrees off the horizon at noon, so any sort of forest will shadow a ground
mount in December.  But then it may be overcast all December anyway.  In any
case a lot of them do go on roofs for that reason, and even there few GFI's
are ever requested for inspected jobs.  I just wonder if this is something
that we can ignore from our catalog listings one more year, and the replies
are beginning to encourage ignoring it. Its always available by request I
guess...

Steve Willey   www.backwoodssolar.com
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
A catalog business on a mountain
2 miles from utility lines,
powered entirely by our catalog products.
IF UTILITY POWER IS 1/2 MILE OR MORE FROM YOUR SITE,
get our free 160 page solar-electric Planning Guide/Catalog.
(Your postal address required - Our list is never given or sold).
Phone(208)263-4290  Fax (208) 265-4788  in Idaho, USA