Roof Mount/ GFI etc. [RE-wrenches]

cvsolar at aol.com cvsolar at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 03:19:54 PST 1999

Hi all,
I think the roof mount/GFI issue has been covered but I'll put in my two
cents.  I agree roof mounts should be a last resort location and I was glad
to hear others question the need for GFI's.  I have been lucky with only
asphalt and metal roofs to deal with so far and they are no fun.  I had one
job where we had to put the panels on the roof as it was the only place where
they couldn't be seen from the road.  The town had strict controls on
everything people did to their properties.  They can' t even run a conduit on
the outside of the house!

jJohn Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar and Wind
cvsolar at aol.com