I-Mac trouble [RE-wrenches]

Richard Perez, Home Power magazine richard.perez at homepower.com
Wed Nov 3 11:00:48 PST 1999

<x-flowed>I'll stick a Brand and a Fluke on the iMacs at the office and we'll
see what they draw steady state and starting surge. I suspect not
much. I think Bob-O's on to the problem. The switching power supply
is having trouble syncing up with the mod sine waveform.

Richard

At 09:10 -0800 11/3/99, Michael Welch wrote:
>Also, that little inverter might not be able to reliably handle the
>surge of the monitor and other equipment all starting at once.
>
>At 08:08 AM 11/3/1999 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hiya Jack,
> >Haven't heard of that, but it wouldn't surprise me. It all depends
>on the type of power supply they are using. Some switching supply
>configurations will not lock on to the mod square wave at all.
>apparently your gets it some time. Some of the Apple Quadra and
>Performa series would do that as well. I'd get a sine wave. Probably
>the Exeltech XP250.
> >Best, Bob-O
> >
> >>Having trouble with an I-Mac starting reliably on an AC Genius 200 watt
> >>mod sine wave.  Sometimes takes two tries to boot, sometimes won't boot
> >>at all.  Sometimes works first try.  Always works on genny.  Is this a
> >>sine wave only computer?  Anyone else have trouble with Mac's on mod
> >>sine wave??
> >>
> >>Jack West
> >>Talkeetna AE

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>